Do Your Own Thing!
There are so many ways you can raise money for Down’s Syndrome Scotland, from holding a quiz night or bucket collection to a coffee morning or cake sale, whatever you choose we really do appreciate all you do. Here is just a few tips that should help you along the way and don’t forget we are here to help you every step.
- Keep your ideas simple
- Set a realistic fundraising target
- Send a press release to your local paper – we can help with this!
- Get your friends and family on board and assign them specific tasks
Whatever you do don’t forget to tell us so we can give you all the help and support you want.
Some ideas to help
If you haven’t already got an event in mind, here are some ideas that might help:
- Coffee Morning
- Cake Sale
- Bring and Buy sale
- Swap and sell/ jumble sale
- Sponsored walk/run/cycle/row/swim
- Dress up day/ Dress down day
- Host a Barbeque/ a dinner party
- Give up your favourite food for a day or week and get sponsored for it
- Sell a service – maybe a carwash or tidy people’s gardens
- Hold a quiz night – could be in a pub or a local community hall
- Get your friends round for a ladies night in!
If you would like to discuss some ideas for your event or need any help please call 0300 030 2121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.