Become a member
Our members are at the heart of our work. Become a member and you’ll join a vibrant and growing community at the forefront of shaping everything that we do for people with Down’s syndrome and their families and carers.
Join us today and be part of a movement for a better future for people with Down’s syndrome in Scotland.
Why join us?
As a member, you can amplify the voices of people with Down’s syndrome and their families across Scotland – by sharing experiences, pushing for change, and helping to shape our work.
As part of our member community, you will receive:
- Access to Hub 21, our “members-only” secure online platform that brings together the Down’s syndrome community across Scotland. Hub 21 is your safe place to ask for help, share ideas and resources and make connections with other parents and with friends, old and new. In addition, there are lots of really useful resources available and regular events you can attend. You can also make instant contact with one of our Family Support Team using our ‘Live Chat’ feature or by booking an appointment, at a time that suits you.
- An invitation to get involved with one of our parent-led local community groups (our Branches) and access information on the social activities and networking opportunities they offer in your local area.
- Access to specialist support from our Family Support Team and dedicated Family Support Officer working in your local area.
- Priority access to our popular communication skills development programme called Achieving Better Communications (ABC). The programme is specifically tailored for children and young people with Down’s syndrome.
- Invitations and priority access to our events.
- A copy of Full Potential – our online magazine full of interesting and informative articles about issues associated with Down’s syndrome and great stories from our members. We issue Full Potential at least twice a year.
- The opportunity to attend our Annual General Meeting, vote for our Trustees and to become a Trustee yourself.
Our annual membership costs £15 for a Household (family) membership. We also offer professional membership at a cost of £25 per year. Adults with Down’s syndrome can sign up to become a free lifetime member. If you are a new parent and your baby is under 12 months old, you will receive your first year free.