General volunteers, who are happy to help on an ad hoc basis or on a regular basis are a great addition to our staff. The sort of help we need might be for example at fundraising events or it might be to help us when we are doing a mailout to our members. It might also be picking up a cheque on behalf of the charity from a fundraiser.
Some of the tasks include;
- Managing a small collection of static collection cans in local shops
- Helping our admin team in the office process thank you letters
- Volunteering with our speaker program where we pair someone who has Ds with someone who doesn’t and as a pair they present a short talk
- Helping with a mail out to our members
- Helping out at a fundraising event
- Picking up a cheque or taking part in a photo opportunity
If you think that you would like to help and can afford to spend regular (or sporadic) time volunteering for us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone from the team will make contact with you and arrange an informal interview to see what you think you would like to do to help us.