Family Support Service
We know that every person with Down’s syndrome is a unique individual and we want to support them to explore their skills, develop their interests, and become as independent as possible and to enjoy a good life.
We know that unfortunately services are not always easy to find, life can throw many challenges and society can create barriers that sometimes you need help to overcome, that’s why we are here to help you navigate your way through.
Our Family Support Service are here to support all parents/siblings/carers and professionals who are supporting an adult with Down’s Syndrome.
Here are some of the areas we can provide information or support with:
- Further Education
- Life Skills, developing and supporting independence
- Social Skills
- Independent Living or other residential options
- Welfare benefits, assessments and appeals
- Health issues including weight management, sleep apnoea and many more
- Work Experience, Volunteering or employment
- We have developed a cv-template that will make a useful aid in creating your own.
- Relationships and Sexuality
- Future Planning
- Guardianship& Power of Attorney
- Health screening
- Dementia diagnosis and care planning
However, our support is not limited to what is listed above, so if you need support or information for something that is not listed, please contact our Family Support Service team by emailing email@example.com. Alternatively you can contact your local Family Support Service Officer, you can find out which officer covers your area and their contact details below.